Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sue's Book

I'll bet some of you thought I had given up on getting my book published. Well, I will admit there have been times that I did. I do have a way to get it published, but it will cost me a little moolah. I had hoped I wouldn't have to go that route. But I am, it seems. I have several months of serious work to do to finish it, but I hope to do that this winter.

As soon as Don gets back to work, I plan to get right to work. I have made a lot of changes and additions since the first draft. One of the additions included a "reflections" section at the end of some of the later chapters. Here's where some of you come in, if you are willing. I would like you to e-mail me some of the thoughts you had along the way. . . in the beginning (pre-adoption), at the time the kids came home, when you were first aware of the challenges we were having, and any other thoughts you may have had that might round out the book. If you do this, that means you give me permission to use any of your thoughts, but I would contact you and give you the excerpt I would use pre-printing. It would be nice if you would make your comments right here...even responding to the comments of others. Just click on the "comments" at the bottom of this to see the comments of others. If you choose to use the anonymous box, sign your name at the end of your comment...unless you want to remain anonymous.

I can't tell you how much this would help me; and don't be afraid to hurt my feelings if you have/had a negative stance...that would make the book "real". I have been pretty candid in what I have already written. It has taken some courage to do that...who likes to admit their faults.

Oh, by the way, the book is written under a pseudonymn and the names have been changed to protect some who want it that way. Your input, encouragement, discouragement, enlightenment, etc. will be greatly appreciated. Also, I have changed the name to BRIARPATCH FAITH.

3 comments:

Esther Peariso, RN said...

i've already sent you what i do remember, however, if you feel like sharing as you go like we did last time, it might jog some memories, and like i said, you are welcome to use them.

Don and Sue said...

Thanks, Esther. The incident you shared about the kids at the orphanage in Costa Rica chasing you around to see if your hair came off like dad's is definitely in the book! I'm hoping if people dialog here, it will trigger responses and additions...so let's keep going, folks.

Don and Sue said...

If any of you recall any "funny" stories you heard retold or even experienced, I would especially like you reminding me/us. I had recorded all the funny happenings as they unfolded the first months after the kids came home only to have them all accidentally deleted. I had been using a memory typewriter Don had just got for me.

I have such a horrible "recall" bone in me that this alone temporarily snuffed out any desire to finish the book. The fire has been rekindled, tho, and I hope some of you might like to help make it better than it is, and I hope to have it published by the next reunion...so I need help now! Heh, heh, heh