Friday, October 24, 2008

Something to read.

Good morning (or afternoon for most of you)! I was being lazy this morning even tho I was lying in bed arguing with myself that "it's Friday and you have lots to do to be ready for Sabbath"! Oh, well, I had most of the day left...until I suddenly remembered I had a 9:00 physical therapy appointment. I rolled over and looked to see how much time I had and at first was thinking I had only 20 minutes to be there...but really had 40 minutes. Unfortunately it takes me 20 minutes to get there...maybe 15 to park in the p-lot. I was glad, cause at least I had time to "wash up". So I got ready, then couldn't find my car keys. Remembering that I had brought in groceries the last time I was out, I went to look in the car. There they were in the ignition. (not a good thing) More unfortunately...the key was turned on! I still haven't tried to figure out why since I'm not in the habit of leaving the key on when I park.

Needless to say, I called and cancelled my appointment that they promise to reschedule. The PT is REALLY helping my shoulder. They do ultrasound and massage (but no massage last time) and then various exercises and he stretches by gently pulling the humerus away from the clavicle etc. I was getting a burning/searing sensation upon reaching/stretching up high or forward. Couldn't sleep on the right side. I've had trouble with that arm for quite a while, so my new doc referred me to the PT. I am very happy with the results. Might work on my lower back next...maybe.

Well, as I mentioned, it's Friday, so gotta run. I'm enjoying reading the blogs of others, hope you will check them out, too, by scrolling to the bottom to link to them. I'm sure it's more fun if you know them, at least in some cases, but you never know until you try it, right?

No comments: