Thursday, January 8, 2009

Biopsy...Edited

Doc needs more info to know why Noylen's enzymes continue to rise (according to biopsy). She will have an ultrasound in the morning. Will update tomorrow.

This is tomorrow. They are going to do endoscopy to remove stones, may need surgery later to remove gall bladder...yet to be determined. She has jaundice but not hepatitis. I'll add any editing to this tomorrow rather than putting up a new blog. She'll be in the hospital a couple more days at least.

Sunday...Surgery to remove gallbladder is scheduled for Tuesday. No stones in the duct.

Surgery still scheduled for Tuesday. They had to put in a PICC line cause she kept blowing out the IV's and has bruises everywhere from attempts. I sense some apprehension and am sorry I am not closer, but have said all I can to let her know this is such a common surger

Today is Tuesday, Surgery done laproscopically, everything went as expected. Noylen will be in overnight...release planned for Wednesday.

2 comments:

Esther Peariso, RN said...

um... mom... it's a PICC line, not a picket line... but thanks for a laugh... (it means Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter...)

Don and Sue said...

LOL...didn't realize I'd written picket! I knew what I meant, but admit I didn't know how to write it. I would have intended to write Pick, tho. I sorta knew what it was, but not the technical jargon.
Thanks for straightening me out!
Mom