Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm Home!

Don says it's time that I write on my blog. Let's see, do I always do what Don says? Hmm.

Don came to Michigan during his spring break, and I picked him up in Indianapolis on a Thursday night. We drove down to Georgia Friday and went to see Jairo on Sabbath. It was a nice surprise for him and a great treat for us. He has been doing construction during the week. His court date was moved back to May 22 when they moved him, but he just got word that it was moved back to April 22. Wow, never knew they did that! Anyhow, he looked good, and we have had some incredible letters from him during the past few months that make my heart sing. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

Noylen came home with us and is making the effort to bring some order to her life and future. You can pray that she find a good therapist that understands what she needs. We had communion at church today, and they have a place for families to have the footwashing ceremony together here, and that was nice to do together. Keep us all in your prayers as our kids are all finding their way through life. They have struggles we never experienced nor quite understand.

I called Carolyn today, and she was watching her favorite 3ABN evangelist, Mr. Astcherick (don't know the spelling for sure) Anyhow we talked for most of an hour and had a good time chatting.

This past week I did sub teaching for a 3 and 4th grade classroom. I was ready for Friday to end even though it was a nice group of kids. I'm not used to working full time, and I was reminded of the joys of teaching minus the grading and planning! This coming week I sub for a first-second grade classroom that will require a bit more energy, but it is only for 3 days.

No comments: