Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Maria is struggling with oxygen levels this morning. She was down to receiving 80% last night, but this morning they had to go back up to 100% and her levels are still fluctuating between 85 and 89 mostly. I saw it go up to 90 once, but the nurses are working with her to do what they can.

Noylen brought a devotional book that a friend gave her, and yesterday, Oct 27, we read that day's thought. How poignant...
"As you become increasingly aware of My Presence, you find it easier to discern the way you should go. This is one of the practical benefits of living close to Me. Instead of wondering about what is on the road ahead or worrying about what you should do if...or when...you can concentrate on staying in communication with Me. When you actually arrive at a choice-point, I will show you which direction to go.
Many people are so preoccupied with future plans and decisions that they fail to see choices they need to make today. Without any conscious awareness, they make their habitual responses. People who live this way find a dullness creeping into their lives. They sleepwak through their days, following well-worn paths of routine.
I, the Creator of the universe, am the most creative Being imaginable. I will not leave you circling in deeply rutted paths. Instead, I will lead you along fresh trails of adventure, revealing to you things you did not know. Stay in commnication with Me. Follow My guiding Presence. Psalm 32:8; Genesis 1:1"
The first paragraph described me well. Now I am leaving it all with Jesus, and when I try to pick it up again, I keep coming back to this place
Last night I woke up at midnight and couldn't sleep, so I prayed prayers that Maria might be praying if she could, and claiming several promises that I have been claiming. There is another "Maria" in the Bible that Jesus loved, and I know He loves this Maria just as well.

1 comment:

Don and Sue said...

I just talked to Maria's doctor, and she told me that Maria is improving bit by bit. She said if she wasn't, they would tell us. I told her I appreciated that, and she said, "we appreciate how calm you and the family are remaining."


The nurse just came out and said that they did a blood gas, and Maria is getting more oxygen than the monitor is showing. Also, they are giving her some lasex (not sure how that's spelled) to reduce the fluids, and her oxygen level now is at 98 and she's being given 95%. I keep telling the Lord that this is his other Maria and I know He is going to save her, too.