Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday night, 11/16

This afternoon the nurse was doing some things for Maria, and she started coughing. Sometimes she brings up stuff, so we suction. Had the "hose" in my hand when all of a sudden she started throwing up everything, of course all liquid. Fortunately it was a gusher and we were able to position her forwardly...and the nurse took the suction tube and I guess everything went in the right direction, cause tonight she is resting well. Still has rapid respiration, but her blood gasses are great, and they inserted an NG tube into the stomach, so it is empty and they are giving her something for nausea every two hours. The nurse tonight is Krista which makes me happy. She was the one who was there when Maria arrived and was her nurse then. I trust her. Cornel came just after Maria threw up and is still there, but probably will be going home soon cause he has to work tomorrow. I feel comfortable not going back tonight, she seems to be doing ok and nods an ok when you have to leave. Hard to do, but Noylen and I are trying to be sure we stay healthy, too. We stayed overnight last night, but did get sleep at the hospital nursery where the baby is. They have a special room for parents, but we can't do that very often. So goodnight, will keep you posted tomorrow, I guess.

No comments: