Saturday, November 29, 2008

Don't ever go to bed early

Here I am, wide awake. I went to bed early and woke up well before midnight. The sun goes down so early now that it just SEEMS late. I guess I won't do that again. I guess I could read a while, that usually puts me to sleep if it's not too exciting a book.

Tandita finalized coming here in April for 4 weeks to do her final inservice...I can't remember what it's called, but anyhow she'll work in a physical therapy lab getting lots of practice for her future career as a physical therapist assistant. She is really enjoying the work so far. She does an 8-week rotation in January/Feb. as well. We are looking forward to having her home for a while.
Esther and Angelina are coming for Christmas. We wish her husband, Nick, could come too, but that's not working out.
We had a quiet Thanksgiving. Don and I delivered meals for the Salvation Army on Thanksgiving morning. We were supposed to serve for those who came to the dinner, but they were short drivers and we ended up doing that instead. We only messed up on one...we reversed the "order" and gave the family who were supposed to get 2 dinners four, and the one with 4 only got two. Fortunately we had to call that family because we couldn't get in the driveway and they had caller ID. They called us as we were on our way back to the church to pick up more meals, so we apologized and told them we'd bring them since they happened to live one street over from our house. We didn't feel TOO bad, cause the family who got the extra seemed like they really could use the extra.
We are dog-sitting for Gene Keller. I'll put up a picture of the dog later. It's a nice dog, well-mannered. Good job, Kellers!

Well, guess I'll try reading now!

No comments: