Sunday, November 30, 2008




Today was kind of a lazy day. I slept through part of one of the football games Don watched today. So now, he's ready to hit the sack, but I am not going to make the same mistake I made Friday night. So I'm writing while he sleeps. I do have some new pictures of the grandkids, so I guess you'd like to see them! This one is Vanessa and Alan's baby, Adrian Marquez Bradley. We sure are sorry to miss out on so much of his life, but we are glad for the technology that lets us see the grandkids in pictures as they grow. I have a vivid imagination and can easily imagine holding them and giving them hugs and trying to spoil them!

Well, technology is great when you know how to use it!! The pictures aren't going up "where" I told them to, but the other picture is Adrian and Gabriel who are cousins. Both had rough starts from birth, and both are doing well. This one was taken when Maria was up to Vanessa's house trying to get an ID that she lost. She also lost her citizenship papers a LONG time ago and it is quite costly to replace it and difficult to prove who you are without it. She got caught driving without a license (she can't get one without proof of who she is and even an ID won't do the job) and I don't know what she's going to do to stay out of jail for that if she doesn't get the papers. She works at Steak n Shake and has been working there for quite a while.
We had a good Thanksgiving break, restful. We enjoyed the dog we cared for while our friends went out of town. They came and picked her up today, and I forgot to get a picture, so sorry about that. She is little comparable to Jairo's little dog, Ocho, was except this one was black and white. Part shitsu (not sure of spelling) and part poodle. Very nice dog, but I'm glad we don't have one cause you have to take care of them 24/7.
Don leaves for some computer training in Birmingham, Alabama all next week...well the training is only a couple days, so he is taking advantage of the time to go see Jairo and some Florida friends and family. Jairo has been learning how to write a "brief" to present in court. He has been studying law in order to help himself and has ended up helping a couple of other people in the process. He is enjoying it but still prefers physical labor to sitting behind a desk.
While Don is gone I'll be working on GR-FR, yard work, and writing on my books. So I plan to keep very busy. (GR-FR is Grubbs-Ray Family Reunion)




No comments: