Saturday, December 6, 2008

Don in Alabama...update on Adrian

Don has some training in Alabama on Monday, so he flew today so he could drive over to Georgia to see Jairo since his visitation is (or was) Sundays only. But we just got the word that they transferred him again and Don might not be able to see him at all. He has been in contact with the place where he is and there is still a possibility that he might get to see him. He won't know until Monday. He's going to be gone all week and will also go to Florida to see his cousin and a number of friends down there. Plans to go golfing with Aubrey.

We saw some accidents due to the heavy fog on the run to the airport. In fact, on the way home I had to hit the brakes hard at the same spot where the accident was on the way out...and I was "looking" for that spot. I didn't come close to rear ending anyone, but I never saw the warning that a stoplight was coming up. Good thing I was "keeping my distance".There was second accident on the other side as we went thru, and I kept seeing emergency vehicles headed that way for a long time. I got to church a little before Sabbath School ended. I was supposed to make it in time for SS, but SOMEONE left their wallet in the van door, and I had to turn around and go back...which I was planning to do anyhow since I went the wrong way on the interstate after leaving the airport! That plus the fog took longer.

I got a note from Vanessa and thought you might like an update on Adrian. She says: "Adrain's hand is giving him problems now that he is trying to crawl. He can't hold his weight up on it, and he seems to use it less then he did before when playing. I put a sock over his good hand to encourage him to use the bad hand and he couldnt pick anything up or play. He got very frustrated and eventually just sat there and didnt try to play at all."

Esther and Angelina will be here in less than 2 weeks...YIPPEEEE!

No comments: