Monday, October 5, 2009

Don says people keep asking him how come I haven't posted anything for a long time. So here's some tidbits...

Our home computer should be back "up" tomorrow night, I hope. Don sold our laptop to our daughter, Noylen, but she is generous with letting us use it while ours is not working. Problem is I can't do anything with pictures, and since I've been on facebook, no pictures is b..o..o..rr..r..ing!

Let's see, what's happened since our July vacation??? Hmm. Well, school started, and I started working in Don's office part time. I haven't noticed any extra money...what's up with that??

In September, Don had Risk Management meetings in New York and I went with him and attended the guest program they host. I especially enjoyed Ellis Island. Since Don's grandma Esther came through there, it took on a different meaning as I was looking at all the pictures. I took a lot of pictures, but later when we were in Michigan I dropped my camera and jammed the lens. I'm expecting that I will be able to take the chip out and upload the pictures I did get.

After the meetings, we went to Michigan via Wheeling, WV (to see Don's aunt and uncle for a few hours) and Indiana (to see niece, Jami Carlson; attend Bill & Bonnie Hicks' 40th anniversary celebration; and Maria and Adrian). Then on to Berrien Springs, MI to see sister, Carolyn and niece, Dena Umek. We drove up to Battle Creek to see more family briefly, before driving to Hampton, VA to see daughter, Tandita and her husband, Todd. Todd is stationed in Norfolk on the George H W Bush and we got to see some of the base. It's quite amazing. He tells us it is the largest Navy base in the world.

Reality has returned, however, as we scramble to catch up on all the work we missed during the 16 days we were gone. I think Don is caught up, but I have to do a bit more to be up to date...stuff that can wait.

Last Wednesday Noylen picked me up at work, and on the way home we got rear-ended. After getting all the insurance info, we drove to the hospital to have Noylen checked out since she is 19 weeks pregnant. It turned out that there was blood around the placenta...placental abruption...as a result of the impact. She's been on bed rest and goes back to the doctor tomorrow for followup. So far, so good. I've had a little extra pain in the neck/shoulder area as you would expect, but nothing serious. I'm used to that kind of pain since I started getting old and all the pains that go with being over 60...well, at least for me it was 60. Just like someone flipped a switch and my body started falling apart. My latest is foot pain, but I'm planning to go to the doc to check on that one. Oh, wait, gotta stop before I become this old lady who can only talk about her maladies!

Coming up is Don's quick trip to New England again...oops, I forgot to mention seeing our wonderful friends, Bill and Melanie Brace on that last trip. Don will be seeing them again, cause the short trip is to attend graveside services for his sister who died in the spring. Bill will be officiating. Since we just finished redoing our deck...$$$$...and we just did a short vacation, only Don would go this time.

We probably won't be going on any long trips for quite a while...maybe not until family reunion next summer. We'll see. Esther and Vanessa are trying to make a train trip out here in the spring, so we're hoping that works out.

So....when I get my computer up and pictures loaded, I'll post them.

1 comment:

Don and Sue said...

This goes to my facebook page, and so that's where people actually leave comments! LOL I guess that's the real reason why I haven't been posting things...no one ever comments, so I figured no one was reading it either.